Wednesday, November 17, 2004

SoulMates thru the eyes of people.

Have you ever wondered other people's stories, how they got to that age and what's there story behind their life? Well, I write this because, today went to the mall to grab some lunch and do some reading at Starbuck's afterward. Anyways, as I was heading out to the food court I noticed this senior citizen about the age of 67 or so, sitting at one of the benches all by herself. As I pass her by I gazed upon her face she gave a very peaceful and calming feature. I mean the wrinkles were there, but the wrinkles were of old age, no wrinkles of worries or pain, or even hurt. As, I walked pass by her, I thought to myself what's her story, what has gotten her to the point she is at now. This brought back memories of times when I was in Texas, I've worked with some senior citizens. Man, the stories they've told me, it was quite interesting to say the least, some were sad, happy, and scary. What gets me is that they can vividly recall every moment as if they were reliving that very story and you were there with them, very interesting. One that grabs me the most are the times when they spoke of their significant other, as they recall the story you can see it in their eyes how in love they were then and how they are in love with each other now. Some brag that they have been married for 50 years not counting the time they were courting one another. I asked them time and time again what was the secret in finding true love some commented or even sarcastically say having money, good looks, being tall(this coming from a man who stands 5'4). But all husbands and wives just plainly answered "you'll just know". Which leads me to a question that plagued me. Is there a soulmate? (defining: the ONE, the other that completes you, the one your meant to be with.) or are we just planned to wonder this planet aimlessly alone not knowing theres someone out there that is made for us? With this I end it with my mom plainly and simply quoting, "I love your father, because at times when I was weak, he was strong and visa versa." They've been married for 37 years now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

   

   

   

Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com